Hurricane Irene: Here is a state-by-state glance on how Hurricane Irene is predicted to strike states all along the Eastern Seaboard as of Friday evening:
- Forecasters predict Irene to make landfall on Sunday somewhere between New Jersey and Cape Cod. Forecasts placed the storm's track through central parts of Connecticut.
- Hurricane warning has been issued for coastal Connecticut.
- Mandatory evacuations have not been ordered.
- Last hurricane to hit was Bob in 1991.
- Officials warned Irene was likely to cause prolonged power outages and flooding in low-lying areas along the shoreline.
- Governor urged anyone living in areas that have flooded in the past to seek shelter elsewhere.